The Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry recognises the
meaningful contribution to economic development that is driven by export
markets. International trade contributes to the development of a diverse
domestic economy that enables the formation of companies that achieve growing returns
not only for their shareholders but also for the workers that drive them and
the communities that support them.
Now in its 19th year, the KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Exporter of the Year Awards have grown progressively since inception in 2000. These Awards aim to recognise and celebrate exporters in this province, in order to stimulate the sustainable growth and development of our local and provincial economy.
The Awards are a showcase for emerging and established exporters of a wide range of goods and services coming out of eThekwini and KZN.
Enter the 2019 KZN Exporter of the Year Awards and highlight your organisation’s export achievements.
The entry process is simple:
- Select the category or categories you wish to enter
- Complete the application form
- Email the completed application form to Rokeya Valli before 31 July 2019
The categories are:
- New Exporter: For exporters who have been exporting for less than three years
- Small: Exports less than R25 million per annum
- Medium: Exports between R25 million and R100 million per annum
- Large: Exports greater than R101 million per annum
- Africa: For exporters who are exporting into Africa
- Service Providers: For companies providing a service to exporters, e.g. Shipping Agents, Clearing and Forwarding Agents, Insurers, Financiers, etc.
- Manufacturers: For companies operating in the manufacturing sector in KZN
- Agriculture and Agro-processing sector: For companies operating in the Agriculture and Agro-processing sector in KZN
- Creative Industries: For companies operating in the creative industries, e.g. Arts, Culture, Film, etc.
- Services Sector: For companies exporting a service; e.g. Education and Training, ICT and Software, Auditing and Advisory Services, Professional Services, etc. This excludes companies providing a service to exporters.
Entries are open to all exporters within KZN and
are NOT restricted to Durban Chamber members.
The closing date for entries is 31 July 2019 by 16:00. Click here to download the entry form.
For further details, please contact Rokeya Valli, Manager: International Business at the Durban Chamber.
Each year, the Awards culminate in the hallmark KZN Exporter of the Year Awards Dinner at which the winners are announced. The Durban Chamber will be hosting this high-level networking event on Thursday, 17 October 2019, at the Durban International Convention Centre.
For more information about purchasing Tables or Tickets for the Awards Dinner, please contact the Durban Chamber’s Events Coordinator, Zama Mazibuko.