GRI Competitive Business Program
In recent years, it has become evident that sustainability reporting is a critical competitive differentiator to enter global value chains and thus important for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) to improve their competitiveness and market access opportunities. The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Competitive Business Program supported by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) aims to enhance the competitiveness of SMEs/suppliers by building their capacity to measure, manage and report on sustainability topics material to their businesses.
The Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry in collaboration with the GRI invites SMEs to a Workshop which will enable them to:
- Learn more about the Competitive Business Program
- Understand and be able to navigate the modular structure of the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards)
- Understand key concepts in the GRI Standards and how these relate to the reporting process
- Understand the purpose of putting together a sustainability report for the program and how to put together the report
- Be introduced to the GRI Digital Reporting Platform to collect data for the reporting process.
19 June 2019 | 08:00 – 12:00
Durban Chamber Conference Centre,
Lion Match Office Park,
892 Umgeni Road, Durban
For further information, contact Ndumiso Mbambo or call 031 335 1000.