Importance of protecting your brand
Presentation: Importance of Protecting your Brand
- What you need to know to protect your brand?
- What is a trademark?
- A brief overview of IP rights and overlaps between different types of IP.
- Requirements for registration in South Africa, advantages, duration, potential obstacles to registration.
- An overview of the trademark registration process in South Africa.
- Life after registration.
- A brief look at unconventional trademarks and some interesting case law.
About the Presenter:
Clea Rawlins is an associate at Garlicke & Bousfield Incorporated. She works in the intellectual property department, specialising in trademarks. She has a wealth of experience in intellectual property, including trademarks and copyright. Her trademarks experience includes assisting with trademark selection and execution strategies, trademark searches, filing and prosecution. She manages trademark portfolios for clients. Clea also offers advice in relation to compliance with Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act 4 of 2013. She assists with drafting agreements, including licence agreements, copyright and trademark assignment agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. She also has experience in drafting software development agreements and is a qualified mediator.12 June 2019 | 08:30 – 12:30
Member: R350 | Non Member: R700
Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry Conference Centre,
892 Umgeni Road, Lion Match Office Park.
For further information contact Ndumiso Mbambo or call 031 335 1000.