The Incoterms 2020
The Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry would like to invite you to attend a workshop on the Incoterms® 2020 Rules, which provides a comprehensive working knowledge of International Chamber of Commerce’s (ICC’s) globally recognised commercial trade terms. The workshop will offer specific guidance for those participating in the import and export of global trade and aims to help global trade organisations avoid costly misunderstandings by clarifying the tasks, costs and risks involved in the delivery of goods from sellers to buyers.
The Workshop will outline:
- The ICC Role and the development of Incoterms®2020 Rules
- The application of the Incoterms®2020 Rules
- Comparative Matrix – What has changed?
- Correct use and choice of the most appropriate Incoterms®2020 Rules for the specific transaction
- The respective roles and responsibilities of the buyer and the Seller, regarding Delivery; Obligations; Risks; and Costs
- Recommendations regarding the use of Incoterms®2020 Rules
- The Legal use of Incoterms®2020 Rules
- The impact of a particular Incoterms®2020 Rule on other 3rd Party Contracts, Transport Documents, marine Insurance and payments instruments and institutions
- The South African ICCSA perspective
- Case Studies and Assessment