Workshop: Chairing Disciplinary Hearings – 25 July 2019
Objectives and outcomes of the course are:
- the purpose of a disciplinary hearing;
- the role of all parties in the disciplinary hearing;
- the disciplinary hearing process;
- facilitating the leading of evidence and examination of witnesses;
- procedural and substantive fairness;
- rules of evidence;
- deciding the merits of the case and drafting a finding;
- considering mitigating and aggravating factors;
- fair and unfair dismissals;
- reasons for dismissal; and
- choosing the appropriate sanction.
The course content and pack include training guides; cd resources with case studies; drafting your findings; making rulings in the disciplinary hearings.
|About the presenter:
Denzile Reddiar is a seasoned Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practitioner and academic who is passionate about justice. Denzile has a special interest in the area of labour, social and restorative justice. He has experience in forensic investigations as well as risk and compliance in a number of specialist industries including banking, gaming and betting, FMCG, logistics, audits (internal and external) and petroleum.
25 July 2019 | 09:00 – 16:00.
Member: R 3 600 | Non-Members: R 4 000
Delegates are required to pay 50% when making bookings.
Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry Conference Centre,
892 Umgeni Road, Lion Match Office Park, Durban.
For more information, please contact email Ndumiso Mbambo or call 031 335 1000.